- The NUSRL Library is primarily meant for Bonafide students and faculty members of National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi.
- The outsiders from other university / institution may be allowed only with the written prior permission of the Dean of Faculty for a limited period. They shall, however, have to consult the documents and other materials within the premises of the library.
|Monday to Friday||8:00 AM to 8:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Sunday||10:00AM to 1:30 PM|
|Vacation Timing||9:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Book Issue – Return||9:30 AM to 5:30 PM|
The above timings of the library are subject to change from time to time as per requirement which will be duly notified on the Notice Board of the library.
BORROWING PRIVILEGES / CONDITIONS
|NO. OF BOOKS||LOAN PERIOD||OVERDUE CHARGES|
|2||3 days||Rs. 10.00 per day|
Note: Any book issued through the permission of University authorities shall attract a fine @
Rs. 20/-hour in case of late submission.
FINE / OVERDUE CHARGES
- Overdue charges will be collected as per rules prevailing in case of delay in return. The current charges are General Stock Books Rs. 10/- per day for the first week and Rs. 100/- per day thereafter.
- Students should deposit their late fines within the same month otherwise their all borrowing facilities will be suspended until the dues are cleared.
- On the last day of every month the library will display the names of the defaulters who have failed to return the books on due date or deposit their late fine. The list will be sent to the concerned authority for further action.
Books can be renewed once for 3 days after the due date, if there is no request against the particular title.
LOSS / DAMAGE OF BORROWED BOOKS
In case of the loss of books Borrowed by a user in his/her custody, the Borrower shall be liable to replace the book or bear the cost of replacement. If the replacement is not done within 15 days, the defaulters will be charged as follows:
- Two times the cost of the book, if the book is in print.
- Three times the cost of the book, if the book is out of print.
- Students participating in moot court competitions shall require to get approval from the Faculty-in-charge about the topic on which they would borrow the books.
- Books from reference section may be given for overnight only by the permission of the V.C. / Dean for moot court competitions.
- The person entering the library shall sign in the visitor’s Register kept at the Library Gate as token of his acceptance to adhere to the rules of the library.
- All kinds of personal belongings except notebook are required to be kept at the property counter at the Library entrance.
- The physical condition of the book should be checked while checking out. Mutilation of pages if found is to be brought to the notice of the circulation in-charge otherwise the borrower himself / herself shall be responsible for mutilation of the book if detected afterwards.
- Underlining, marking, folding of pages, dog biting of pages etc in the book is strictly prohibited and shall attract penalty.
- The users are liable for punishment and fine if they either misbehave or damage the books or any other property of the library.
- Library staff will not be responsible for personal things and belongings left and subsequently stolen or misplaced from the library hall.
- Watching movie or video on laptop, Playing game on laptop, and eating any items inside the library are strictly prohibited and shall be accordingly penalized.
- Books of reference, illustrated and rare books, special books, multi-volume Collections, serial publications, Journal, Magazine and periodicals will not be issued.
- Books/Documents will be issued/ returned to Library Card holders only.
- No other person is allowed to issue/return books on other’s card.
- The Librarian shall have the discretion to recall any book even before the due date.
- The final authority to maintain order and discipline in the Library, designate a particular act as an act of indiscipline in the Library and ask the student concerned to leave the Library shall vest in the Librarian.